There was once a time when my culinary skills were so lame that I considered Hamburger Helper and Instant Potatoes an elaborate meal.
This Stroganoff recipe is one I wish I’d had back then. It’s ridiculously easy and cheap to make. It’s now a favorite for those busy days when dinner time sneaks up on me.
1 lb ground beef
1-2 cups mushrooms
1 – 10oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 – 16oz package of egg noodles
1 cup milk, or Half & Half if you like your sauce thick.
1. Cook the noodles according to packaging.
2. While noodles cook, brown the ground beef.
3. Slice and sauté the mushrooms. I like to just throw them in with the beef.
4. Add the milk and soup into the meat.
5. Drain the noodles. Serve and enjoy!
* now some people like to serve the sauce on top of the noodles, others like to stir them together. This decision is all yours! Personally, I stir them together simply to avoid having noodles left over without sauce, because some family members like to go HAM on the sauce.